viernes, 19 de noviembre de 2010

English at the University

I didn’t know when I arrived to university that I would have English here, and I will be honest, I didn’t like very much the idea, but of course that I understand that it is necessary because today, we have to know English to be connected with a lot of information which is in the great majority publish in English.
So, now I’m going to talk about my experience learning English at the University, first I will say that in the first semester my teacher asked me something very similar and I said that I didn’t learn very much in those time because we lost a lot of classes in the blogs and personally I had to reinforce talk in English more than to write, but I have to say that it changed this semester, I don’t know if the English department decided to have more classes to talk and make them more interactive or if the teacher’s change influenced in what I’m saying but I begin to show more motivation to assist to the classes.
I think as English have advanced quickly, people in Chile didn’t find the best way to teach English yet, but I think in my case it is better if you can hear for someone that knows very well the language, because rules and grammar is important too, but the vocabulary and the common words are the key, for that when you have to read a paper for the first time, it seems very difficult but when you begin to read papers constantly, you realized you are learning how you have to read to understand, other example that support that is the experience of many people who go to EEUU for example for three months to courses or only for holidays and learn a lot.
In short I think English at university is really important and if teachers make an effort to dedicate more time to hear or more time to create a conversation which everybody can participate, they could obtain hundreds of progress.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario